The “Attracting Quality Investment” course is part of the FDI Excellence series that WAIPA and FDI Center have been providing since 2018. The training will take place in Dubai on March 26 and 27. Participants in the course will gain essential knowledge and skills for identifying and attracting high-value investment projects and maximizing the benefits of FDI for their economies. The training is highly practical and will cover proven techniques and best practices for attracting quality FDI. Topics to be covered include:
- What is “quality FDI”? How can an IPA define what type of FDI is best for its location?
- How can IPAs identify companies that have the potential for making quality investments?
- What criteria can be used to determine whether a potential project is “high-value”?
- What is the link between sustainability and quality investment?
- What types of support do IPAs need to provide to attract higher-quality FDI?
- How does a location’s innovation ecosystem contribute to attracting quality FDI?
- How can IPAs measure the impact of attracting FDI beyond employment and capital inflows?
Presenters will include senior representatives of some of the world’s best investment promotion agencies as well as leading FDI experts.
Find out more about the program and register here.